Home Going.

It was a Sunday morning like any other as I awoke with the sun intent to prepare for church but instead let my heavy eye lids close once more. After a quick prayer to ask for the forgiveness for once again sleeping in I turned on my radio and slid back under the warm sheets, but before I could close my weary eyes I heard a shocking story that vanquished all thoughts and hope of peaceful rest:

Whitney Elizabeth Houston was dead, and as the anchor continued I sat up and reached for the remote to turn up the volume and make double sure that my ears had not deceived me and as her beautiful voice sang in the background I realised with a thud that my ears had heard right, that this was not an internet spawned rumour or death hoax.

Later that morning and indeed throughout last week as her greatest hit blared on every radio station and with no doubt every music lovers car, cd player, ipod and home music system and her historic rise to fame and her subsequent struggles with the demons that were alcohol and drug addiction we the fans came slowly but surely to terms with her tragic passing at the much too young age of 48, found in the bath tub at The Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles   she was preparing for a party pre Grammy party held on the 4th floor of the hotel by her mentor and music industry father Clive Davis.

As newspapers, writers and journalists continue to speculate over the icons cause of death due to an alleged over dose ore drowning her family and friends paid homage and tribute to her talent, kind and loving nature and her endless passion for music and her craft.

Plainly put they took us all back to the place where it all began, they took us all to church where the remembered fond memories and told funny moving stories of the mother, daughter, sister and friend that lived behind the pomp, colour and music; we saw her as never before as a wonderful human being who just happened to have a tremendous set of pipes but who like all of us Whitney Houston got nervous and anxious needing from time to time to be told that they were great.

Blaming Bobby Brown:

In the days leading up to the funeral celebration the question of whether Bobby Brown would be allowed to set foot on his ex-wife’s memorial service abounded and as I sat down to watch CNN’s live coverage of the one of a kind event my question was answered – sort of as we saw him arrive outside the New Hope Baptist Church he went in, stayed for 15 minutes then left;  his eyes red and puffy. In a statement he made to explain his actions the star said: "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honour Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how."

This rough ill treatment of Bobby is said to steam from the Houston family’s bad blood and anger towards the singer who is currently on tour, clean and sober for being as they and many believe the root and cause of Houston’s drug problems, slide from grace, erratic behaviour and the loss of her once golden voice.

In my opinion Bobby did not force Whitney to take drugs, realistically speaking no one can force anyone to do something they don’t want to do, he may have been a strong influence but that is where I believe it ended. I too was part of the Bobby Brown Bashing Brigade, I like many others blamed him for Whitney’s downfall but I now realise that that was foolish of me and that she was an adult with a mind of her own. Now I actually feel sorry for Bobby in light of his ex- in-law’s treatment of him. What they and we all should remember above all is that Whitney loved him and that he was a part of her life for 14 years. They should have allowed him to console his daughter, no matter the grudge, bitterness or hard feeling they may have they cannot change the fact that Bobby Brown is Bobbi Kristinas father. They should all just let him grieve and pay his proper respects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big car syndrome

all about the Kenyan idiot

Of Ng'an'galito and his talent search